Certificate in Corporate Real Estate and Facility Management
200.0 Hours Formal CPD
Facility management is the total management of all services that support the core business of an organization. Good facilities management makes a huge difference to the efficiency and productivity of a company, its staff and even its clients.
+1 (646) 786-8364
Facility Managers can influence how a company’s operating costs can be reduced while its productivity is increased. It is essential to ensure that all the different buildings and services of a company work as efficiently as possible. Facility management is the total management of all services that support the core business of an organization, and good facility management makes a huge difference to the efficiency and productivity of a company, its staff and even its clients.
Our course will equip you to recognize the factors that influence property choice, nature of tenure and acquisition and disposal of corporate real estate. This includes the cost implications of the property life cycle and the consideration of liabilities and legal issues. You will also be able to apply the techniques you learn to improve workplace productivity, sustainability, communication and the overall competitive strategy of an organization.
This course will enable you to recognize the factors that influence property choice, nature of tenure and acquisition and disposal of corporate real estate:
- Enhanced knowledge of the role that CRE&FM plays in supporting organizational productivity and hence profitability.
- Apply the methodologies available for ensuring organizational efficiency and effectiveness in terms of cost, process and performance
- Appreciate of how Corporate Real Estate & Facility Management needs to change to meet the challenges posed by IT convergence, sustainability, new methods of working and increased regulation.
- Understand the broad spectrum of services encompassed by CRE&FM and how getting it wrong in one area can have unexpected implications elsewhere.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for professionals who have worked in the corporate and commercial real estate and facility management sector for at least 2 years. It is suitable for property managers, asset managers, facility managers, project managers, accommodation managers and all those who want to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the corporate real estate facility management services that they are responsible for providing and managing.
This course is made of up of 6 units delivered across a 6-month period. The technical units covered within this course are listed below:
- Unit 1 – Strategic Corporate Real Estate and Facilities Management
- Unit 2 – Corporate Real Estate Life Cycle
- Unit 3 – The FM Life Cycle
- Unit 4 – The Workplace
- Unit 5 – Facilities Support Services
- Unit 6 - Management Information Systems
For more information on the topics covered within each unit, please download the course guide.
The start date is subject to change depending on number of attendees for this course and at the discretion of RICS. If you select the wrong start date you must notify us within 14 days of purchase to move to the correct group. Any requests outside of this date are chargeable.