Certificate in Commercial Valuation Methodology
150.0 Hours Formal CPDBook Now
Build on your existing knowledge of valuation by studying the leading industry valuation techniques for Commercial Property. Gain practical insight into valuing commercial properties in this real-life, case-study based course.
+1 (646) 786-8364
11 February 2020 - 10:00am
16 June 2020 - 10:00am
Building on your existing foundation of valuation knowledge, this course has been designed to give you the practical skills required for commercial valuation, focusing on the main competencies of valuation practice - inspection, measurement and valuation methodologies. You will be guided on and apply best practice on gathering the required information, completing a valuation using the appropriate method, and writing Red Book compliant reports to RICS as well as international standards.
With these newly developed skills, you will have a breadth of knowledge to apply the principles of commercial valuation on a day to day basis and demonstrate to your employer and clients your ability to complete commercial property valuations to an international standard.
This course will give you the breadth of knowledge required to apply the principles of commercial valuation on a day to day basis:
- Get your record keeping in line with best practice to provide audit trail and negligence defense.
- Evidence your comparable valuations with qualitative and quantitative analysis using a matrix technique.
- Feel confident deciding on the most appropriate investment method technique and apply a range of techniques without using software.
- Understand the drawbacks associated with specialist valuation methods and apply that holistic insight in valuation.
- Make sure your valuation terms of engagement and valuation reports are up to date in the application of international standards in measurement and valuation including the draft Red Book 2017.
Who is this course for?
- APC and Assoc. candidates who are on the valuation or commercial property pathway or other candidates
- Any other professionals with at least 2 years of experience in valuation or who have completed the RICS Valuation Foundation Program and wish to specialize or work with commercial property valuations.
- Professionals who need to create or work with commercial valuations on a day to day basis including valuers and professionals working in finance functions or departments who use commercial valuation reports as part of their decision making process.
The course is composed of 6 technical modules which will cover the application of the valuation competencies of inspection, measurement and valuation methodologies as required to value commercial property as well as best practice for drafting commercial property valuation reports:
- Module 0: Course Introduction
- Module 1: The Inspection – Context & Information
- Module 2: The Valuation Part 1 – Comparable Method and the Market
- Module 3: The Valuation Part 2 – Investment Method with four techniques
- Module 3: The Valuation Part 3 – Residual method with two techniques
- Module 3: The Valuation Part 4 – DRC and profits method
- Module 6: The Report: Writing an RICS compliant report
- Module 7: Course Review and Summary
During this course you will have access to RICS Isurv to further support your learning.
Certificate of Completion
Upon passing the final exam, learners will be eligible to receive an RICS Certificate of Completion.