Valuation: Residential Property
100 Hours Formal CPD
Over one million residential properties were bought and sold in 2015, so accurate and reliable valuations are in demand. This course will build on your existing knowledge of valuation by studying the leading industry valuation techniques for Residential Property. Gain practical insight into valuing residential properties in this real-life, case-study based course.
+1 (212) 847-7400
Valuation underpins all property-based transactions. Consequently, many instruct and rely upon a professional property valuation in order to fully understand the transaction and the positions of the various parties involved. Through case-study work and real-life scenarios, and emphasizing the main competencies of valuation practice, this course has been designed to give you the detailed practical knowledge required for residential valuation. This also includes guidance and best practice on how to write red book complaint reports. This will ensure that any valuation report meets RICS as well as international standards.
This course will give you the breadth of knowledge required to apply the principles of residential valuation on a day to day basis. Covering all key aspects of residential valuation, this course will give a full breakdown of the process for creating a residential property valuation to RICS and international standards.
Who is this course for?
- APC and Assoc. candidates who are on the valuation or Residential Valuation pathway or other candidates
- Any other professionals with at least 2 years of experience in valuation or who have completed the RICS Valuation Foundation Program and wish to specialize or work with residential property valuations.
- Professionals who need to create or work with Residential Valuations on a day to day basis including valuers and professionals working in finance functions or departments who use residential valuation reports as part of their decision making process.
The course is composed of 4 technical modules which will cover the application of the valuation competencies of inspection, measurement and valuation methodologies as required to value residential property as well as best practice for drafting residential property valuation reports:
- Module 0: Course Introduction
- Module 1: The Inspection – Context & Information
- Module 2: The Valuation Part 1 – Using Comparable Method
- Module 3: The Valuation Part 2 – Using Less Common Methods
- Module 4: The Report: Writing an RICS compliant report
During this course you will have access to RICS Isurv to further support your learning.
After Module 4, there will be a final exam of 1.5 hours. Learners will complete 50 multiple choice questions randomised from a question bank of 100. To pass the course, learners will need to score a min of 65%. Where a learner scores less than 65%, a second attempt will be possible. Any requests for additional attempts must be directed to the Online Academy. The exam window will be one month.
This course contributes toward 100 formal CPD hours.
Certificate of Completion
Upon passing the final exam, learners will be eligible to receive an RICS Certificate of Completion.